Crime & Safety
62-Year-Old Man Found Safe After Watsonville Disappearance
Robert Fernandez, who suffers from dementia and schizophrenia, walked away from the facility on Montecito Avenue at about 7 p.m. Monday.

WATSONVILLE, CA — A 62-year-man who disappeared from a Watsonville care facility has been found safe, police said Tuesday. Robert Fernandez, who suffers from dementia and schizophrenia, walked away from the facility on Montecito Avenue at about 7 p.m. Monday, Watsonville police reported. He was last seen on Mañana Lane by his sister around 8 p.m. and the public's help was sought in finding him.
Shortly after midnight, police said Fernandez had been located in the 500 block of E. Lake Avenue.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.