Schools
Lawsuit Accuses Danbury School Principal of Sexual Assault
The child was abused between 50 and 100 times from 1996 to 2003, according to the complaint. The teacher denies the claim.
DANBURY, CT — A lawsuit filed on Friday accuses an interim principal of a Danbury elementary school of sexually assaulting a minor.
The lawsuit alleges that Marc Poliquin, who was 15 at the time, sexually abused a 10-year-old boy over seven years. Poliquin works today as interim principal at King Street Primary, which serves grades K-3 in Danbury.
The plaintiff, named as John Doe in the suit filed in Waterbury Superior Court, was abused between 50 and 100 times from 1996 to 2003, the complaint states. As a result, he "has suffered extreme trauma, mental anguish, and psychological injuries, which are permanent in nature," according to the lawsuit.
Find out what's happening in Danburyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"This lawsuit is totally false," Poliquin told the News-Times Saturday morning. "I have no idea what motivated the claimant to make those accusations."
The abuse occurred mostly in Poliquin's home, then in Woodbury, according to the suit. The documents list the plaintiff as currently living in Haddam.
Find out what's happening in Danburyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The alleged abuse was not previously reported to authorities. Brooke A. Goff, the plaintiff's attorney, told the Hartford Courant that her client decided to come forward after learning that Poliquin had become a principal at a Danbury elementary school.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.