Schools

Bomb Threat On Wall Reported At Enfield High School [UPDATED]

Students and staff were in a 'secure the building' protocol as police investigated.

(Town of Enfield)

ENFIELD, CT — Local and state police investigated a bomb threat written on a bathroom wall at Enfield High School, which was discovered around 7:15 Friday morning.

Police Chief Alaric Fox said the building was not evacuated, but a pair of cross-trained canines from the Connecticut State Police were brought to the scene. Several students reported being in a "secure the building" status.

At 8:34 a.m., school officials released a message via the town's notification system, calling the situation a "low level threat" and confirming the 'secure the building' protocol is in place. The school was not in lockdown, however.

Find out what's happening in Enfieldfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Superintendent of Schools Chris Drezek issued a message shortly after 10 a.m., indicating students had been moved to different parts of the building as the investigation proceeded. Nothing was found during a sweep of the building, and normal school activities resumed around 9:30 a.m.

Officials said there will be an increased police presence at the school throughout the day.

Find out what's happening in Enfieldfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.