Crime & Safety
Man Charged in Enfield Domestic Violence Case Now Facing Protective Order Violation
A woman has also been charged with violating a protective order in Enfield, police said.

ENFIELD, CT — A man charged with domestic violence-related crimes earlier this month is now accused of violating a protective order — and so is a woman — police said.
Kevin R. Lefelar, 47, of 31 First Ave., Enfield and Melissa Warnick, 44, who has no certain address, were both charged on Wednesday with violating a protective order, according to police records.
Lefelar's troubles began when police were called to a domestic disturbance in the Presidential section of Enfield on Jan. 5. Lefelar was arrested and charged with home invasion, second-degree assault and second-degree breach of peace, police said.
Find out what's happening in Enfieldfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Police Chief Carl Sferrazza said officers were dispatched to a residence on Coolidge Drive at about 8:20 p.m., where a female said she had been assaulted by her boyfriend. She was bleeding from her forehead, and blood was seen on the kitchen floor, he said.
The woman told police her boyfriend had grabbed her by the throat, threw her face-first onto the floor and then fled the home on foot, Sferrazza said.
Find out what's happening in Enfieldfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Police checked the area and found the suspect, later identified as Lefelar, in the area of Monroe Road. He claimed he had gone to the home to gather his belongings, and when he opened the door his girlfriend, whom he did not see, was behind it, causing her injuries. He also said she threw things at him, Sferrazza said.
Lefelar is currently out on $10,000 bail and is scheduled to return to court on Feb. 1, judicial system records indicate.
Photo courtesy of Enfield Police Department
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.