Crime & Safety
Warrant Charges Enfield Man With Threatening, Assault
An altercation at a cookout led to charges filed against an Enfield man.

ENFIELD, CT — An Enfield resident was arrested Friday on a warrant charging him with assaulting and threatening another man during a late night cookout in mid-June.
Kenneth Scarborough, 22, was charged with first-degree threatening, third-degree assault and second-degree breach of peace in connection with the June 17 incident. He was held on a $10,000 surety bond, and was arraigned Monday in Enfield Superior Court.
The cookout at a home on Washington Road ran into the early morning hours, and a pair of brothers got into an argument about continuing the gathering. A friend nicknamed "Shaggy," identified in a police report as Scarborough, got involved in the argument, which escalated into a physical fight, Police Chief Alaric Fox said.
Find out what's happening in Enfieldfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Scarborough left the scene, then returned with some additional friends and attacked the men with whom he had been previously fighting, punching one and kicking him while he was on the ground. The man told police he believed he saw the butt of a gun protruding from Scarborough's waistband, Fox said.
One victim alleges Scarborough yelled, "You're dead" during the assault. Both men involved in the altercation with Scarborough were bleeding from their heads, but refused medical attention, Fox said.
Find out what's happening in Enfieldfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Scarborough is scheduled to return to court Aug. 7.
Photo courtesy of Enfield Police Department
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.