Crime & Safety

Man, 37, Seriously Injured After Friday Shooting: New Haven Police

Police said they are searching for the suspect(s).

NEW HAVEN, CT — A 37-year-old man is in serious condition after he was shot Friday morning, police said.

At 8:47 a.m., crews responded to the area of Washington Avenue and Spring Street after calls to 911 reported a person shot, police said. Police said they found a man, 37, who had been shot.

He was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital, where he remains in serious condition, police said.

Find out what's happening in New Havenfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

No description of his assailant(s) is available, thus far. Detectives from the NHPD Major Crimes Division remain at the scene, searching for witnesses and collecting evidence.

Anyone with information on this incident is urged to call detectives at 203-946-6304 or through the department’s anonymous tip-line at 866-888-TIPS (8477).

Find out what's happening in New Havenfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.