Crime & Safety
Two Arrested for Shelton Home Invasion: Police
The incident occurred at a home on Geissler Drive.
Two men have been arrested in connection with a home invasion last year on Geissler Drive in Shelton, according to police.
Derby resident Ricardo Llera, 21, was charged with:
- Conspiracy to Commit Robbery 1st
- Conspiracy to Commit Home Invasion
- Intimidating a Witness
Fellow Derby resident Ray Sosa, 41, was charged with:
Find out what's happening in Shelton-Derbyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
- Home Invasion
- Conspiracy to Commit Home Invasion
- Robbery 1st
- Conspiracy to Commit Robbery 1st
- Criminal Possession of a Firearm
Police said the arrests followed an investigation into the home invasion where the owners reported that two men entered their home, one of whom was armed with a handgun, and demanded money.
“It was reported the suspects stole cash, both the victims’ cell phones and other items,” said police in a statement. “The victims were not harmed during the invasion.”
Find out what's happening in Shelton-Derbyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The police investigation determined that Sosa was a suspect in the crime, and following a search of his home items from the robbery were recovered, including the firearm used and victims’ cell phones.
“Further investigation revealed that Llera, who personally knew the victims, was involved in planning the home invasion,” police said. Additional arrests are expected.
Both suspects were held on a $75,000 bond. Llera was arraigned in Derby Superior Court on Feb. 17, and Sosa is currently incarcerated on unrelated charges.
Photo 1: Ray Sosa. Photo 2: Ricardo Llera. Photo credit: Shelton Police
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.
