Crime & Safety

Casey Anthony, Acquitted In Child's Death, Stars In Peacock Docuseries

Casey Anthony was accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, in Orlando in 2008. She was found not guilty. She's in a Peacock docuseries.

Casey Anthony listens to testimony during her murder trial at the Orange County Courthouse on June 30, 2011, in Orlando, Florida.
Casey Anthony listens to testimony during her murder trial at the Orange County Courthouse on June 30, 2011, in Orlando, Florida. (Photo by Red Huber-Pool/Getty Images)

ORLANDO, FL — Eleven years after she was acquitted on charges of murdering her young daughter, Casey Anthony will break her silence in a three-part documentary to air later this month on Peacock.

The streaming service announced the docuseries in a tweet Tuesday. It will premiere Nov. 29.

Anthony, 36, was arrested in 2008 following the disappearance of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony. Caylee was reported missing by Anthony's mother on July 15, and Anthony was arrested a day later for child neglect. She told Orange County authorities Caylee disappeared after leaving with her babysitter, but experts would later testify that decaying human remains had been present in the trunk of Anthony's trunk.

Find out what's happening in Orlandofor free with the latest updates from Patch.

In October 2008, Anthony was indicted on capital murder and other charges. She pleaded not guilty. Two months after the indictment, Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area near Anthony's home.

In 2011, Anthony was found not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and aggravated manslaughter of a child following a highly-publicized trial.

Find out what's happening in Orlandofor free with the latest updates from Patch.

"Where the Truth Lies" is directed by Alexandra Dean and features material from Casey’s own archive and behind-the-scenes footage.

"Since her acquittal in 2011, public opinion of Casey Anthony has been largely shaped by the media convinced of her guilt,” Dean said in a statement to Variety. "What emerges over the course of multiple interviews recorded over six months is a startling psychological portrait of Casey Anthony and a complete narrative of what she says happened to her daughter weighed against multiple sources of potential evidence. I believe the result will surprise many and cause the American public to look at this story in a new light."

Not everyone was thrilled with Peacock's announcement and some called for an immediate boycott of the streaming service.

More than 5,600 Facebook joined a page called "Casey Anthony Boycott Information," and threatened never to watch Peacock again if NBC doesn't pull the documentary, RadarOnline reported.

"BE A VOICE FOR CAYLEE!!!" one person wrote on the Facebook page Tuesday.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.