Crime & Safety
Frankfort Man Charged in I-290 Shooting
Police said Allante James Sewell fired a gun at another car on the I-290 in Elmhurst last year.

FRANKFORT, IL -- A Frankfort man was charged this week in connection with a shooting on the I-290 expressway last year. Allante James Sewell, 23 was arrested on Tuesday by Will County Sheriff’s Police, according to a report from the Elmhurst Patch. He was charged with one felony count of aggravated discharge of a firearm for allegedly firing two rounds from a semi-automatic handgun at another vehicle in the eastbound lanes of the highway near North Avenue in Elmhurst at around 8:30 p.m. on Oct. 31, 2016.
One of the bullets struck the driver’s side door of the victim’s vehicle and the other was not located, police said.
Sewell was already in custody at the Will County Jail on unrelated charges of domestic battery and resisting a police officer when he was charged with the expressway shooting.
Find out what's happening in Frankfortfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Photo courtesy of the Will County Sheriff's Office
Find out what's happening in Frankfortfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.