Crime & Safety
Joliet Central Student Part Of Mob Who Attacked Man At McDonald's: JPD
Numerous juveniles entered the McDonald's at 508 East Cass Street and struck the victim in the face multiple times, Joliet police noted.

JOLIET, IL — One month after a man eating his meal inside the Joliet McDonald's on East Cass Street was attacked and beaten by a group of juveniles, Joliet police have captured a 15-year-old Joliet Central High School and charged him with the attack.
On Tuesday, Joliet police said the student was taken into custody at Joliet Central on charges of mob action, battery and obstructing a peace officer. Now, the boy isn't attending class, he's being detained on McDonough Street at the River Valley Juvenile Justice Center.
Joliet police spokesman Dwayne English said the following events from last month led to this week's arrest of the 15-year-old:
Find out what's happening in Jolietfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
On September 18, at 4:08 p.m., the officers responded to the McDonald’s at 508 East Cass for a fight involving numerous juveniles. A man was eating inside the restaurant when numerous juveniles entered the McDonald’s and struck the victim in the face multiple times.
"It was determined that these juveniles repeatedly attempted to steal the victim’s bicycle prior to the attack," English noted.
Find out what's happening in Jolietfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
When the attackers ran from the restaurant, officers found one of the 15-year-old juveniles near Collins Street and Van Buren Street, and he was placed into custody. This juvenile was released to a parent shortly after the incident.
During the investigation, Joliet's detectives identified an additional 15-year-old juvenile as a suspect in this incident.
This 15-year-old juvenile was placed into custody on Tuesday at 8:34 a.m. at Joliet Central High School, 201 East Jefferson Street.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.