Crime & Safety
SnapChat Threat Boosts Police Presence At Mundelein High
"Mundelein ain't ready for this," the Snap said, alongside a photo of a hand holding a pistol.

MUNDELEIN, IL — Mundelein High School is seen extra police Monday after a Saturday social media post threatened the school, according to the Mundelein Review. Two students are in custody.
The Snapchat post warned students not to go to school, the Review reported, saying "Mundelein ain't ready for this," alongside a photo f a hand holding a pistol.
School officials announced that two of the high school's students had been taken into custody and charged.
Find out what's happening in Libertyvillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
“Threats such as these are not tolerated,” a Sunday statement from District 120 officials said. “The offenders will be subject to discipline to the fullest extent permitted.”
The Review reported school officials as saying there was no actual threat after they spoke with police. Officials had spoken with one of the student's relatives.
Find out what's happening in Libertyvillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
D120's statement read “Following the Parkland, Florida tragedy there is an upward trend of baseless threats across the country aimed at causing insecurity at our educational institutions... unfortunately, Mundelein High School is experiencing this trend.”
Article image via Shutterstock
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.