Crime & Safety
Man Accused Of Texting Nude Pics, Arranging To Meet Girl, 12, In Lisle
Eziz Serdarow, 19, was arrested Thursday after police say he arranged to meet a 12-year-old girl for sex.

LISLE, IL — A Naperville man faces felony charges after police say he sent sexual photos to a 12-year-old girl and arranged to meet her in Lisle to take her to his home for a sexual encounter. Eziz Serdarow, 19,of the 100 block of E. 11th Ave., was charged with traveling to meet a minor and indecent solicitation of a child in connection with the incidents.
According to prosecutors, Serdarow began sending the girl unsolicited text messages on Aug. 4, requesting that she send him photos of herself and join him on a walk. The girl told her parents about the messages and they reported the incident to the Lisle Police Department, a news release said.
Police say Serdarow continued to send text messages, including photos depicting nudity and sexual acts. Serdarow is accused to saying he wanted to have sex with the girl and arranging to meet her in Lisle so they could drive to his home to have sex.
Find out what's happening in Napervillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
On Aug. 10, Lisle police waited for Serdarow at the park and took him into custody. Officers say they found lubricant and condoms in the glove compartment of Serdarow's car.
“With text messaging and instant messaging functions, cell phones have become a part of the everyday lives of millions of people,” DuPage County State's Attorney Robert Berlin said.
Find out what's happening in Napervillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
He added, “Unfortunately, text messaging has also become a virtual electronic playground where sexual predators can hide behind the anonymity it provides. I encourage parents to talk to their children about cell phone safety and to instruct their children to be cautious when using text or instant messaging features."
Serdarow, who had been in the United States on a student visa, is being held in DuPage County Jail on $100,000 bond and was required to surrender his passport. He is set to be arraigned Sept. 18.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.