Crime & Safety
Poor Security, Underage Drinking At Tinley Concert Venue Endangered Teen Sex Assault Victim: Lawsuit
The teen girl and her parents are suing Credit Union 1 Amphitheatre and Live Nation Entertainment for alleged negligence.

TINLEY PARK, IL — An Ohio teen sexually assaulted at a Tinley Park concert venue in July 2025 had been given alcohol by an adult and was led into a restricted area by her attacker, according to a lawsuit filed in Cook County Tuesday.
The lawsuit—which names Live Nation Entertainment and Credit Union 1 Amphitheatre—was filed on behalf of the girl and her parents. It claims negligence, lack of adequate security measures, and failure to protect minors at the July 2025 Wiz Kahlifa and Sean Paul concert.
Roman Basso, 18, of Frankfort, was arrested in January 2026 in connection with the incident. The arrest followed a months-long investigation, police said at the time.
Find out what's happening in Tinley Parkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Chicago law firm Wallace Miller in the suit states that the victim attended the concert with a friend and that friend's mother, and that the adult purchased alcohol at the venue and gave it to the teen. The victim was later followed by her attacker to a restroom on the south side of the venue, the suit alleges.
Basso, the suit states, then led her into a restricted area where he is accused of sexually assaulting her.
Find out what's happening in Tinley Parkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Investigators were able to confirm Basso’s identity and learned he was enrolled at Arizona State University (ASU), police said. Coordination with ASU police helped Tinley Park detectives locate Basso, who was taken into custody in Frankfort on Jan. 6. While in custody, Basso made a post-Miranda confession, police said. He was later indicted on four counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault/bodily harm.
The lawsuit alleges that the venue "owed a duty to the minor plaintiff to exercise reasonable care in their management and control of the premises, to prevent foreseeable injuries" to minors. Minors "require heightened protection from predatory individuals," the lawsuit states.
The venue's security and policies also failed at preventing underage drinking, the lawsuit claims. The victim's drinking "impaired her ability to recognize danger, resist assault, and protect herself from harm," according to the filing.
Surveillance cameras are enabled to monitor restricted areas in real-time, but failed to do so at the time of the assault, the suit states.
Security also had a responsibility to "monitor, screen, and remove individuals engaging in predatory behavior on the premises, and failed to do so," the suit states.
The girl and her family are represented by Chicago law firm Wallace Miller. The suit seeks compensation for the victim's severe and permanent emotional injuries, including emotional distress, humiliation, loss of self-esteem and ongoing medical and psychological treatment costs.
The suit seeks more than $50,000 in damages.
Broader Concerns
The lawsuit alleges the circumstances surrounding the sex assault point to a larger issue with security at Live Nation venues and events.
The filing states that:
- In May 2017, 22 people were killed when a suicide bomber detonated a bomb at an Ariana Grande concert promoted by Live Nation, in Manchester, England.
- In October 2017, 60 people were killed and approximately 867 were injured during a mass shooting at a Jason Aldean concert promoted by Live Nation, in Las Vegas.
- In November 2021, 10 people died after a crowd surge at the Astroworld Festival, hosted by Live Nation.
- In December 2021, rapper Drakeo the Ruler was stabbed to death at the Once Upon a Time in L.A. Festival, hosted by Live Nation.
- In June 2023, two people were killed at the Beyond Wonderland Music Festival hosted by Live Nation.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.