Crime & Safety
Canton Patch's Norfolk County Court Roundup: January 22 Edition
The following information came from various courts in Norfolk County. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction unless otherwise stated.

Canton
Brockton man fails to appear at hearing
Philip Rudrick, 56, of 54 North Main St., Brockton, failed to appear in Stoughton District Court on charges of driving after license suspension, driving an uninsured vehicle, and driving with registration suspended for a subsequent offense. A judge issued an arrest warrant. The charges stem from a Nov. 16, 2011 incident in Canton at 11:15 a.m. when police using an automatic license plate reader determined Rudrick's insurance had been canceled.
Rhode Island man faces OUI charge
Marc Marshall, 61, of 39 Fair Street Front, Warwick, R.I., was arraigned in Stoughton District Court on charges of drunken driving and negligent driving. The case was continued to Feb. 17 for a pretrial hearing. The charges stem from a Dec. 9, 2011 incident on Route 138 in Canton where state police encountered a parked Nissan Maxima with its headlights on and the gear still in the drive
position. Suspecting intoxication, police administered field sobriety tests and arrested Marshall.
Assault and battery charges dismissed
James W. Shea, 43, o 438 Neponset St., Canton, had two counts of assault and battery dismissed in Stoughton District Court because an essential witness was not there to testify. The charges stem from an Oct. 30, 2011 incident in Canton at 11:25 p.m. when police responded to a disturbance at a Neponset Street house. Shea allegedly struck the victim in the face with an open hand, according to the police incident report.
Canton man faces assault charges after alleged bar fight
Brian G. Pretti Jr., 32, of 14 Woodlock Road, Canton, was arraigned on charges of assault and battery, assault and battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest. The case was continued to Feb. 7 for a hearing. The charges stem from a Jan. 10 incident at Centerfields Bar & Grille at 10:43 p.m. when police responded to a report of a fight in progress. The victim told police Pretti, the alleged assailant, was hiding inside a dumpster on the property.
Police found him standing inside a fenced area and arrested him, but not before he allegedly resisted and struck an officer in the right leg above the knee with his left leg, police said in the incident report.
Braintree
OUI case in hands of jury
Leopold Martini, 36, of 96 Central St., South Weymouth, had charges of drunken driving, negligent driving, and a marked lanes violation continued to Jan. 31 for a jury trial in Quincy District Court.
The charges stem from a March 28, 2010 incident on Route 3 in Braintree at 3:20 a.m. when state police allegedly observed a vehicle swerving into the center lane and pulled the vehicle over. Police administered Martini field sobriety tests and arrested him on suspicion of being intoxicated. He later was administered a chemical breath test and had a blood-alcohol level of .11, police said in the incident report. The legal limit is .08.
Quincy man fails to appear at arraignment
Milton M. Villa, 24, of 151 Sea St., Quincy, failed to appear at an arraignment in Quincy District Court on charges of driving after license suspension and driving a motor vehicle that did not meet state safety standards, driving an unregistered vehicle, and driving a vehicle with an obstructed/nontransparent window. A judge issued an arrest warrant. The charges stem from a July 19, 2011 incident in Braintree when state police observed the validation sticker on Villa's vehicle
had expired.
Weymouth man held on bail after mall brawl
Ashley Meguro, 29, of 77 Audubon Road, Weymouth, was arraigned in Quincy District Court on charges of possession of a Class C substance, assault and battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, threatening to commit a crime, and resisting arrest. A judge ordered Meguro held on $7,500 bail in the Norfolk County House of Correction. The case was continued to Feb. 3 for a pretrial hearing.
Find out what's happening in Cantonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The charges stem from a Dec. 22, 2011 incident at Champs retail store in the South Shore Plaza at 9:40 p.m. when police responded to a report of an allegedly intoxicated person causing a disturbance. Police searched Meguro and found a pill bottle containing two Clonazepam tablets, but the prescription label had been "obliterated." When police placed Meguro in custody, he resisted,
forcing police to use pepper spray. It took three officers to finally subdue him. During the scuffle, which attracted a crowd of approximately 200 people, Meguro allegedly threatened to kill police officers and spat at them, according to the incident report.
Assault and battery charge dismissed
Christopher Berry, 27, of 928 Washington St., Apt. 2, Braintree, had a charge of assault and battery dismissed in Quincy District Court because the court decided not to prosecute the case. The charge stems from a June 10, 2011 incident in Braintree at 5:35 p.m. when Berry went to the police station to report he was awakened abruptly by his girlfriend and startled, causing him to grab her by the
neck and then he blacked out, police said in the incident report.
Braintree man charged with indecent exposure
Thomas B. O'Connor, 39, of 48 Columbus Ave., Braintree, was arraigned in Quincy District Court on a charge of open and gross lewdness. The case was continued to March 15 for a pretrial hearing. The charge stems from a Nov. 5, 2011 incident in Braintree. A woman told police O'Connor dropped his pants and exposed himself in her home, and made sexual comments.
Milton
Roslindale resident charged with traffic violations
Okazaki Andujar, 19, of 20 Stella Road, Apt. 2, Roslindale, was arraigned in Quincy District Court on charges of speeding, driving without a license, and a marked lanes violation. Andujar is due back in court Feb. 6. The charges stem from a April 1, 2011 incident in Milton when state police stopped Anjujar on Route 138 after allegedly crossing lanes.
Quincy man fails to show up at arraignment
Find out what's happening in Cantonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Joao Decastro, 42, of 8 Fifth Ave., Quincy, failed to show up at an arraignment in Quincy District Court on charges of speeding, driving without a license, and failure to yield at an intersection. A judge issued a default warrant. The charges stem from a April 18, 2011 incident in Milton on Ridge Street.
Boston man ditches arraignment hearing, warrant issued
Wanderson Freitas, 23, of 339 Adams St., Apt. 1, Boston, failed to appear at an arraignment in Quincy District Court on a charge of driving without a license. A judge issued a default warrant. The charge stems from a April 11, 2011 incident in Milton at 2:47 p.m. when police allegedly tracked his vehicle traveling 86 mph in a 55 mph zone on Route 93.