Crime & Safety
ICYMI: Concord Car Crash Leaves Hundreds Without Power
Concord police are still trying to determine the identity of the driver.

Editor's Note: This story was posted earlier this week. Here it is again in case you missed it.
Photo Credit: Concord Police Department
CONCORD, MA—If you live in West Concord, there's a pretty good chance you were without power overnight Tuesday, whether you noticed or not.
Find out what's happening in Concordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Concord police have arrested an unidentified man after a single-vehicle accident caused a power outage for nearly 500 residents early Wednesday morning. Lt. Joseph Morahan told Patch that the vehicle was traveling east on Main St. just east of Commonwealth Ave when he failed to compensate for a right turn in the road, causing him to drive onto the sidewalk and into a guide wire for a light pole, which caused the outage.
The vehicle did not stop there, as it continued to cross the entrance to the plaza, strike a granite curb as well as another vehicle and proceeded to roll three or four more times until it rested. Morahan said that the vehicle traveled at a distance about the length of a football field from the time it went off the road.
Find out what's happening in Concordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Concord Municipal Light Plant crews restored power to 480 customers, who were out of power for approximately one hour.
Police have charged the driver with criminal offenses including operating to endanger, giving a false name to a police officer and operating without a license. Due to the false name provided, police are still trying to determine the identity of the driver.
He was transported and treated at Lahey Hospital, and returned to Police custody.
Editor’s note: This post was derived from information supplied by the Concord Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.