Politics & Government
Danvers Nears Settlement In Dangerous Dog Case
The owners of a dog that attacked another dog still need to appear before selectmen to finalize the settlement.

DANVERS, MA -- Trung and Sabrina Nguyen, the Danvers couple that appealed the board of selectmen's ruling on their dog, have reached a settlement with the town, according to their attorney. The Nguyens had been named in a complaint after Neeka, their seven-year-old pit bull, attacked a goldendoodle named Henry on July 12. In December, the couple appealed a ruling by selectmen in Salem Superior Court, arguing the board had overstepped its authority.
"The case has been resolved, and we are pleased the board listened to our concerns," Jeremy Cohen, the Nguyen’s lawyer, said in an email to the Danvers Herald, which first reported this story. "There are significant protections in place for the neighborhood, which also recognize the constitutional protections for people who own dogs."
Terms of the settlement were not disclosed. Selectmen Chairman Gardner Trask told the newspaper that the couple still needs to appear before the board within 30 days.
Find out what's happening in Danversfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Previously on Patch: Dog Owners File Appeal Of Danvers Selectmen's Decision In Court
For more on this story, see the Danvers Herald. Subscribe to Danvers Patch for more local news and real-time alerts.
Find out what's happening in Danversfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Patch file photo via Shutterstock.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.