Crime & Safety
Peabody Fatal Shooting Suspect In Custody, Faces Murder Charge
Police said a 25-year-old man was found suffering from a gunshot wound on Wallis Street. The Essex DA's office said he later died.
PEABODY, MA —A 26-year-old Peabody man will be arraigned on a murder charge following a fatal shooting on Wallis Street Sunday night.
The Essex County District Attorney's Office said Charles Burgess, 26, will be arraigned in Peabody District Court.
Police responded to the block of 70-80 Wallis Street about 9:45 Sunday night where they found a 25-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound. The victim was treated at the scene and then taken to Salem Hospital where the Essex County District Attorney's Office said he was pronounced dead.
Find out what's happening in Peabodyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The Essex County DA's Office identified the victim as Prince Thompson.
Police had been looking for a 2006 black Ford Fusion they believe the suspect was driving. They described the suspect as a 5-foot-8, white man with a medium build and either green or blue eyes. They said he was last seen wearing a ski mask and black clothing.
Find out what's happening in Peabodyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
(Scott Souza is a Patch field editor covering Beverly, Danvers, Marblehead, Peabody, Salem and Swampscott. He can be reached at Scott.Souza@Patch.com. Twitter: @Scott_Souza.)
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.