Community Corner
NH Food Bank Launches 'Nothing' Fundraising Campaign
$5 bank can will feed people in the state.
The New Hampshire Food Bank has launched a new initiative, the “Nothing” campaign, to raise funds for the food bank and awareness about hunger in the state.
The campaign official launched on March 5, but displays of “Nothing” bank cans were installed last week at Market Basket, Hannaford, and Shaw’s in Concord, as well as Harvest Market, Jiffy Mart, Stop & Shop, Sully’s Superette, and Vista Foods in other parts of the state.
“Nothing is a stark reality for hundreds of thousands of New Hampshire residents every day, but today, Nothing is also a way to help end hunger in NH,” said Shawna Frechette, the PR and marketing coordinator, for the food bank. “The New Hampshire Food Bank, in partnership with Citizens Bank Foundation, have come together in the fight against hunger and want to get individuals, businesses and organizations involved in the effort as well. Together, we can all do something about Nothing.”
Find out what's happening in Concordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The cans cost $5 with all proceeds going to the food bank. The cans, which act like banks, are empty “and represent a reality that thousands of our friends and neighbors face every day: hunger,” she noted.
The food bank is asking people to purchase a can, fill it up with donations and send it back to the food bank. The money from each can will feed other residents with as much as 60 meals.
Find out what's happening in Concordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
“By purchasing a can of Nothing, you are doing something to end hunger in New Hampshire and helping to put meals on the plates of those in need,” Frechette said.
Gov. Maggie Hassan was in Bedford on Tuesday kicking off the “Nothing” campaign along with other officials.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.
