Crime & Safety

Man Shot, Killed In Living Room In Lawrence: Mercer Co. Prosecutor

Authorities found Anthony Irizarry​ in the living room with a gunshot wound to the back, Mercer County Prosecutor Angelo J. Onofri said.

LAWRENCEVILLE, NJ — A 36-year-old Lawrence resident was shot and killed in his home early on Friday morning, officials said.

Around 12:30 a.m. on Friday, Lawrence police responded to a home on Mendrey Court after receiving a 911 phone call that someone had been shot. On arrival, officers found 36-year-old Anthony Irizarry in the living room suffering from a gunshot wound to the back, Mercer County Prosecutor Angelo J. Onofri said.

Irizarry was taken to Capital Health Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

Find out what's happening in Lawrencevillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The shooting is under investigation by the Mercer County Homicide Task Force and the Lawrence Township Police Department.

No arrests have been made.

Find out what's happening in Lawrencevillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Anyone with information is asked to contact MCHTF Detective Chris Pullen at (609) 989-6406 or OIC William Jett at (609) 331-5010. Information can also be emailed to mchtftips@mercercounty.org.

Have a correction or news tip? Email sarah.salvadore@patch.com

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.