Crime & Safety
Photos Released of Men Wanted in Burglary
Police say one man is also a suspect in a theft in Maplewood.
South Orange police have released still photos taken from security cameras of two men wanted in connection with three burglaries, two in South Orange and another in Maplewood.
The pair was videotaped on security cameras entering a Vose Avenue building on July 24. Residents later told police that a large Seton Hall duffel bag containing athletic equipment, U.S. Open tennis tickets, a Sony digital camera, an IBM laptop, and jewelry including a diamond tennis bracelet and two watches had been stolen.
Police said one of the men matches the description of a suspect who tried to enter an apartment off of Ward Place on the same afternoon. Officers say that individual is also a suspect in a break-in in Maplewood in June.
Find out what's happening in South Orangefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
South Orange police are asking anyone with information about the two men or the burglaries to call Detective Steven A. Davenport, at 973-763-3000, ext. 7795.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.
