Crime & Safety
Carteret Man Charged with Face Slashing in Aberdeen
He slashed another man in the face early Thursday morning in Aberdeen, police say.

Aberdeen Township, NJ - A Carteret man is accused of getting into a bloody street fight in Aberdeen Township early Thursday morning, where police say he slashed another man in the face.
Police were called to the scene of a fight at 1:30 a.m. Thursday morning on the 800 block of Prospect Avenue, Aberdeen Police chief John Powers said. They found a 34-year-old Aberdeen man bleeding from a facial laceration. He had been fighting with Sandy Truss, 25, of Chrome Ave., Carteret, and Truss cut the victim with a knife, Chief Powers said. The two men had been fighting in the street.
Truss was taken into custody and bail was set at $17,500 with a 10% option. He was released later that morning after posting bail. The Aberdeen victim was transported to Bayshore Hospital, where he was treated for injuries that were not life-threatening.
Find out what's happening in Woodbridgefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Truss was charged by Aberdeen police with aggravated assault, unlawful possession of a weapon, and possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.