Crime & Safety
Woodbridge Man Charged With Violent Sex Assault In Linden
Police say the assault happened Dec. 17, 2019 in a secluded area on East Elizabeth Avenue. He was arrested Friday at his Woodbridge home.

WOODBRIDGE, NJ — A Woodbridge man was arrested Friday and charged with a violent sexual assault that took place in Linden late last year, acting Union County Prosecutor Lyndsay Ruotolo and Linden Police Chief David Hart jointly announced Monday.
Tyrone R. Johnson, 33, was charged with second-degree sexual assault and second-degree aggravated assault.
Police say he sexually assaulted a woman on December 17, 2019. Linden police said they were called to a home in the town, where they found and spoke to the victim, an adult woman. She reported that earlier in the day, she had been taken by Johnson to a secluded area on East Elizabeth Avenue, where Johnson stated she was “going to do what he wanted,” and then began pulling off her clothing, said police.
Find out what's happening in Woodbridgefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
When she pleaded for him to stop, he physically and sexually assaulted her, allege police.
After the incident, the woman said she was taken to a local hospital for treatment of injuries that included, among others, a broken orbital bone (her eye socket) and bruising and abrasions to her upper body.
Find out what's happening in Woodbridgefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Linden police and the Union County prosecutor’s office Special Victims Unit have been investigating the case since then, and Johnson was arrested without incident at his Woodbridge home on Friday.
He was then lodged in the Union County Jail pending a first appearance and detention hearing to take place in Middlesex County Superior Court.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.