Crime & Safety
Woodbridge Man, 18, Sexually Assaulted Woman, Prosecutor Charges
The Union County Prosecutor says this man broke into a woman's home in Rahway on Aug. 10 and sexually assaulted her.

WOODBRIDGE, NJ — The Union County Prosecutor says an 18-year-old man broke into a woman's home in Rahway on Aug. 10 and sexually assaulted her. The woman said she did not know the teen.
Elijah Finis, 18, of Woodbridge has been taken into police custody and is charged with second-degree sexual assault and fourth-degree criminal trespass.
He may be homeless, said Rahway Police in a Facebook post. However, the last known address he gave was in Woodbridge.
Find out what's happening in Woodbridgefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
This was announced Tuesday by Union County Prosecutor William Daniel and Rahway Police Director Nick Breiner in this press release.
Police say at approximately 11:00 a.m. last Thursday, Aug. 10, police officers responded to the 2000 block of Elizabeth Avenue in Rahway. Upon arrival, officers met with the victim who said she had been sexually assaulted by an unknown man who broke into her home.
Find out what's happening in Woodbridgefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The prosecutor declined to say how he got into the home.
On August 12, Finis turned himself over to the NYPD in the 120th Precinct on Staten Island. He is currently awaiting extradition back to New Jersey.
“We are grateful for the extraordinary collaboration with our local law enforcement partners, which led to the quick identification and apprehension of Finis,” said Union County Prosecutor Daniel.
Linden Police are also helping investigate this case.
This investigation remains ongoing. Anyone with information is urged to contact Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit Detective Craig Famoso at 908-578-1036 or Rahway Police Department Detective Anthony Tilton at 732-827-2146.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.