Crime & Safety
Man Had No Interlock With Kids In Car, Despite Court Order: Cops
He had been ordered not to drive a motor vehicle with his children inside, police say.

EAST HAMPTON, NY — A Montauk man was arrested after he drove without an interlock device and with his children in the car, despite being ordered by the court not to do so, police said.
According to East Hampton Town Police, Marco Hernando Gutama-Pillco, 33, was arrested on Saturday at 1:31 a.m. while heading east in a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox on Montauk Highway near Essex Street in Montauk.
He was charged with driving without an interlock device, a misdemeanor, despite a restriction that an ignition interlock device be installed in any vehicle he operates, police said.
Find out what's happening in East Hamptonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
He was also charged with second degree criminal contempt, disobeying the court, a misdemeanor, for driving with his children as passengers in the rear of the vehicle, despite having been ordered not to do so, police said. He was also charged with second degree aggravated unlicensed operation, a misdemeanor, police said.
Bail was set at $4,000, police said.
Find out what's happening in East Hamptonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Patch file photo.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.