Crime & Safety
Man, 30, Fatally Shot In Harlem, Police Say
A 30-year-old Bronx man was shot dead on Lenox Avenue in Harlem Wednesday, police said. No arrests have been made.
HARLEM, NY — A 30-year-old man was shot dead early Wednesday on Lenox Avenue in Harlem, police said.
Police responded to a 911 call around 3:10 a.m. Wednesday, reporting a man shot in front of 620 Lenox Avenue, just north of 140th Street and part of the Savoy Park housing complex.
Officers found a 30-year-old man, identified as Irvin Payne, a Bronx resident, suffering from a gunshot wound to the face
Find out what's happening in Harlemfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Payne was brought to Harlem Hospital Center, where he was pronounced dead.
There have been no arrests and an investigation is ongoing, police said.
Find out what's happening in Harlemfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Amid a rise of gun violence in Harlem, Mayor Bill de Blasio launched an initiative last month which aims to increase police presence in the neighborhood and engage community and faith groups as violence interrupters.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.