Crime & Safety
Pulled From Snowbank, Charged With DWI For 3rd Time In 10 Years
The 25-year-old has been convicted twice in the past decade of driving drunk, state police said.
NEWBURGH, NY — A 25-year-old whose car slid on a patch of ice into a snowbank Wednesday now faces a felony charge of drunken driving. New York State troopers saw the car disabled in the snowbank at the intersection of Mill and Renwick streets at 3:30 a.m.
Police said the driver, Juvencio Martinez-Rodriguez of Newburgh, appeared to be impaired by alcohol. Rodriguez failed several sobriety tests and was taken into custody. He submitted to a chemical breath test which indicated his BAC to be .21 percent.
He did not have a valid drivers licence. State police also discovered that he had been charged and convicted for drunken driving twice before in the past 10 years.
Find out what's happening in Mid Hudson Valleyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Martinez-Rodriguez was charged with three felonies: Aggravated DWI, DWI with a conviction in the past 10 years, and first-degree Aggravated Unlicensed Operator. He was issued an appearance ticket to the City of Newburgh Court with a return date of Jan. 23.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.