Business & Tech
Tough Break for Shanghai Pavilion to Start New Year
Storefront window shattered on Sunday night.
The first Monday of the New Year is off to an inauspicious start for Main Street restaurant . The Chinese restaurant, at 46 Main Street, may have been the target of vandals who broke one of the storefront's oversize front windows Sunday evening.
According to Xieo Chezhang, a nephew of the owner who was helping oversee the clean up, the restaurant was contacted by police Sunday evening to say the window had been damaged.
With temperatures in the chilly mid-thirties, and the massive window still damaged as of 11 am, the restaurant was forced to close to patrons for lunch although take-out service was still offered. Chezhang said they hoped to get the window repaired and the restaurant re-opened for dinner.
Find out what's happening in Port Washingtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Chezhang characterized the restaurant owner as "upset" about the damage and said estimates on the cost of the window repair was $1,500.
Diners interested in confirming the restaurant's re-opening can call Shanghai Pavilion at 516-883-3368.
Find out what's happening in Port Washingtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Patch will continue to follow the story.
