Crime & Safety
Two Men Found Guilty For Suffolk Home Invasion
The two were convicted recently for breaking into an occupied home last year.

FARMINGVILLE, NY - Two Suffolk County men were recently found guilty for a Farmingville home invasion last year, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney.
Jason Montello, 39, of Bay Shore and Paul Torres, 44, of Middle Island were both convicted by Judge Timothy Mazzei of two counts of first degree burglary, two counts of first degree robbery, three counts of second degree burglary and two counts of second degree robbery, according to the DA.
The two were arrested after breaking into an occupied home on Chestnut Avenue in Aug. 2016, the DA said.
Find out what's happening in Sachemfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Montello is also facing charges for a robbing a Rocky Point 7-Eleven on Oct. 16, 2016. He was charged with second degree robbery, the DA said.
Torres is also facing charges for attempting to burglarize a Sunflower Lane home in Islandia in Sept. 2016. He was charged with two counts of criminal possession of stolen property, the DA said. In addition, Torres faces felony charges for introducing prison contraband.
Find out what's happening in Sachemfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The two are due back for sentencing on Jan. 9. They both face 25 to life in prison.
Suffolk Police say early morning home invasion in Farmingville leads to 3 arrests @News12LI pic.twitter.com/4jit2ZYY7R
— Drew Scott (@DrewScott_TV) August 4, 2016
Pictured: L - Torres R - Montello
Photo: SCDA
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.