Schools
Neshaminy Substitute Superintendent Will Remain In Place
Neshaminy school officials said no administrative changes are planned with the upcoming return of Assistant Superintendent Paul Meehan.

LANGHORNE, PA —With Schools Superintendent Rob McGee placed on administrative leave and the assistant superintendent on medical leave, substitute Superintendent Jason Bowman has filled the void.
And even though Assistant Superintendent Paul Meehan is expected to return from medical leave before the end of the month, Bowman will remain in place, school officials said.
"There are no administrative changes planned at this time," Chris Stanley, the district's communications relations coordinator, told Patch.
Find out what's happening in Levittownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
At its April 28 meeting, the school board revealed that Meehan would return from a medical leave of absence on May 26. The matter was an agenda item and no discussion was provided by the board.
More than two months after being placed on administrative leave with no discussion by the school board or statement from the school district, McGee's status is still unknown.
Find out what's happening in Levittownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"I have no updates on Dr. McGee," Stanley said.
At its Feb. 28 meeting, the school board approved agenda items that placed McGee on an administrative leave of absence and named Bowman, the district's director of secondary education, as substitute superintendent.
McGee, a Neshaminy schools graduate and 35-year school district veteran, took over as head of the Neshaminy School District on July 1, 2020, after serving as Neshaminy's director of secondary education.
Meanwhile, Bowman has been showing up publicly now in his role as substitute superintendent.
When the school district held a groundbreaking ceremony for its new $51 million elementary school last month, Bowman was among those digging dirt. He also addressed the crowd at the podium.
At the recent school board meeting, Bowman also delivered the superintendent's report.
He spoke about an upcoming Mother's Day walk, noted the groundbreaking ceremony, discussed PSSA testing, gave an update on the athletic fields, and mentioned how the Maple Point Elementary School choir sang the "National Anthem" at a dinner at Parx Casino for veterans who had returned from a Tour of Honor trip to Washington, D.C.
McGee's five-year contract will pay $196,000 per year. His contract runs through 2025.
Earlier this year, the state Auditor General asserted that Neshaminy was among 12 school districts that participated in a "shell game" to raise property taxes.
Neshaminy's administration and school board accepted the auditor's Jan. 25 performance audit report and said it would implement the recommendations.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.