Crime & Safety

Missing La Marque Boy is Found Safe By Police

Grandmother said daughter showed up at the home unexpectedly, and then assaulted her.

LA MARQUE, TX -- An Amber Alert for a missing 2-year old La Marque boy has been lifted after police found the child safe in Alief early Friday morning.

Mark Leeson was snatched from the 200 block of Taylor Circle in La Marque on Thursday by his non-custodial mother, identified by police as 18-year old Hailey Richter.

Richter’s mother, Amanda Leeson, who has custody of the child, said her daughter showed up at her mother’s home unexpectedly on Thursday night.

Find out what's happening in Clear Lakefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Leeson said Richter, who was with her boyfriend, identified as Zikeyas McCullum, 21, when Richter allegedly snatched the child, and then maced Leeson and assaulted her.

An Amber Alert was issued by Galveston County law enforcement officials, and charges of kidnapping were filed by the Galveston County District Attorney’s Office.

Find out what's happening in Clear Lakefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

McCullum and Richter were found with the boy in Alief at about 1 a.m. and were arrested on charges of kidnapping.

Police said Mark’s clothes had been changed and his hair cut.

Image: Shutterstock

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.

More from Clear Lake