Crime & Safety
Judge Grants Restraining Order Against Former Hills QB Kevin Olsen
Olsen is charged with 3 counts of forcible rape after he allegedly assaulted and beat a woman he was dating last month.

WAYNE, N.J. — A North Carolina judge granted the woman accusing Kevin Olsen of raping her a domestic violence order of protection against the former Wayne Hills quarterback.
Olsen, 22, is ordered to have no contact with the alleged victim, either in person, electronically or over the phone, the order signed by Superior Court Judge Paige B. McThenia states. He must stay away from the woman's home, workplace and school, UNC Charlotte, where Olsen also attends. Olsen is also prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm.
The restraining order is valid until March 8, 2018. Olsen was freed on $103,000 bond last month.
Find out what's happening in Waynefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
RELATED: Former Wayne Hills QB Kevin Olsen Charged With Rape
The alleged rape occurred at 3:30 a.m. Feb. 19 at Olsen's apartment near the UNC Charlotte campus, authorities said.
Find out what's happening in Waynefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Assistant District Attorney Kristen Northrup said Olsen and the woman went out for drinks and got separated, which is when Olsen sent her a text message threatening to kill her, The Charlotte Observer previously reported.
Once back at Olsen's apartment, Olsen threatened to kill himself with a phone charger, argued with the woman, punched her in the face and assaulted her three times, the report said.
The woman had scratches and bruises early the next morning when she went to hospital, a police report on the incident states.
Olsen was arrested and charged with three counts of felony forcible rape, cyberstalking, forced sex and assault. He and his accuser were dating when the alleged assault occurred. His case has been moved to Mecklenburg County Superior Court.
When Olsen was asleep, the woman left the apartment. Personnel at Carolinas HealthCare System University discovered she had vaginal injuries and bruising around one of her eyes.

Patch file photo
Olsen is the younger brother of Carolina Pro-Bowl tight end Greg Olsen. Olsen was a four-star recruit while at Wayne Hills and committed to playing for the University of Miami. He played for his father, Chris, while winning two state sectional championship at Hills. His missed much of his senior season with a broken foot and his family moved after Olsen finished high school.
RELATED: QB Olsen Charged with Leaving the Scene of an Accident
Olsen's legal troubles date back to Wayne Hills when he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident after he smashed his car into two vehicles and a tree in Wayne May 25, 2013. A police report on the incident stated that Olsen’s face appeared to have blood on it and that he “appeared to be under the influence of something.”
He was dismissed from Miami for violating team rules and never threw a pass for the Hurricanes.
Olsen went to Townson University in Maryland but left due to disciplinary problems. He ended last year as the backup quarterback at UNC Charlotte, but has been suspended from the team.
Send local news tips, photos, and press releases to daniel.hubbard@patch.com. Get Patch breaking news alerts sent right to your phone with our new app. Download here.
Kevin Olsen mugshot — Mecklenburg County Sheriff/Background image via Shutterstock
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.