Crime & Safety
Two 22-Year-Olds Killed In I-10 Beaumont Crash Identified By Coroner
The man and woman died at the crash scene Sunday morning.

BEAUMONT, CA — A man and a woman killed Sunday morning in a single-vehicle rollover crash in Beaumont were identified by authorities.
Lorenzo Luquin of Moreno Valley and Delmy Lara of Jurupa Valley, both 22, died at the crash scene on eastbound Interstate 10 just east of Oak Valley Parkway, according to the Riverside County Sheriff-Coroner's Bureau.
The two were pronounced dead at the scene along an embankment at approximately 5:30 a.m. Sunday, after a crash that occurred just after 1 a.m., the coroner's bureau reported.
Find out what's happening in Banning-Beaumontfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
California Highway Patrol Officer Jason Montez told City News Service that the pair were in a 2013 Nissan Sentra that went off of the freeway and overturned down an embankment, ejecting both victims, who were not wearing safety belts.
"We're not certain of the exact time this occurred," Montez said. "Two officers were going through the area, just as the sun was starting to come up, and one of them happened to be looking outside when he saw the vehicle."
Find out what's happening in Banning-Beaumontfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The law enforcement officers went to investigate and confirmed that Luquin and Lara were dead.
"The car was cold to the touch, so it had been there a little while," Montez said.
The CHP is investigating the fatal crash, the agency said. Alcohol and drugs have not been ruled out as possible factors, according to Montez.
"There were no witnesses, so we would welcome any information someone might have," Montez said.
Anyone with information was asked to call the San Gorgonio CHP office at 951-769-2000. Officer Kevin Simmons is handling the investigation.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.