Crime & Safety

2 Arrests In Santa Rosa Gang-Related Shooting

A third suspect was arrested in the case last month.

SANTA ROSA, CA — Two suspects were arrested Tuesday in what Santa Rosa police are calling a gang-related shooting.

On Nov. 19 around 2 a.m., police received a call about a gunshot victim. The caller said their friend had been shot and they were transporting them to a hospital. Officers met at the hospital with the victim, who at the time was suffering from life-threatening injuries.

The shooting took place in the 600 block of Third Street and police allege it was related to an altercation between two groups of people. Detectives allege that gang challenges were shouted.

Find out what's happening in Rohnert Park-Cotatifor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Three suspects from Santa Rosa were identified in the shooting: Alexander Andrade, 21; Juan Bernal, 19, and Santiago Torres, 19.

Andrade was arrested on Nov. 28 and booked into jail on suspicion of attempted murder and being an accessory after the fact. Bernal and Torres were arrested Tuesday and booked on suspicion of attempted murder. Bernal was also booked on suspicion of possessing an illegal assault rifle, possession of narcotics for sale and being armed while trafficking in narcotics.

Find out what's happening in Rohnert Park-Cotatifor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Torres was also booked on suspicion of being an accessory after the fact.

The victim, a man in his 20s, survived and is now out of the hospital, police said.

Detectives are still investigating the case and are looking for anyone who may have witnessed the shooting or might have information about this case. If so, they should contact SRPD through its tip line at www.srcity.org/CrimeTips.


Copyright © 2022 Bay City News, Inc. All rights reserved. Republication, rebroadcast or redistribution without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited. Bay City News is a 24/7 news service covering the greater Bay Area.