Community Corner

City Makes Decision On Taste Of Alpharetta 2021

The City of Alpharetta voted Tuesday in a meeting on the future of the annual Taste of Alpharetta event for 2021.

The City of Alpharetta voted Tuesday in a meeting on the future of the annual Taste of Alpharetta event for 2021.
The City of Alpharetta voted Tuesday in a meeting on the future of the annual Taste of Alpharetta event for 2021. (Courtesy of Rick Uldricks)

ALPHARETTA, GA — The Alpharetta City Council has made a decision on the annual Taste of Alpharetta event, ultimately deciding to cancel the festival set to take place in May.

"Alpharetta’s City Council made the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 Taste of Alpharetta which was scheduled to take place in May, and historically draws an attendance of over 40,000," the city said in a press release. "At this time it is not feasible for the city to host this event, following the guidelines set forth by the governor, nor is it in the best interest of the safety of the community.
We encourage you to continue doing your part towards fighting COVID-19 and support the local restaurants and businesses that are working hard to provide safe places for you to enjoy!"

Alpharetta’s City Council made the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 Taste of Alpharetta which was scheduled to take...
Posted by Taste of Alpharetta on Tuesday, February 16, 2021

The 30th annual Taste of Alpharetta was also canceled last year in March as the city "cancelled public events organized, sponsored, or permitted by the city to include any such events through May 10."

Find out what's happening in Alpharetta-Miltonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

In 2019, the 29th annual Taste of Alpharetta featured more than 60 restaurants serving their specialties to over 45,000 patrons, which reflected a 50 percent increase in attendance, the city said.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.