Crime & Safety
Barcelona Wine Bar Murder: 2nd Suspect Charged
The second suspect in Chelsea Beller's murder is also charged in the robbery of The Pinewood restaurant in Decatur.

ATLANTA, GA — A second suspect has been charged in the murder of manager Chelsea Beller at Atlanta's Barcelona Wine Bar, and he's also accused of being part of a similar violent armed robbery at a restaurant in Decatur.
Atlanta Police on Friday secured arrest warrants for Carlous Bailey, 20, in Beller's Nov. 19 shooting at the bar in northwest Atlanta. Last month, Samuel Ott, 21, was taken into custody by the department's Fugitive Unit after his DNA was matched to evidence linked to the crime scene, police said.
Bailey already was being held in DeKalb County Jail, accused in the May 25 armed robbery at The Pinewood on West Ponce de Leon Avenue in Decatur.
Find out what's happening in Atlantafor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The Barcelona robbery and homicide happened about 1:45 a.m. on Nov. 19. The 29-year-old manager Beller was shot during the robbery and died soon afterward at Grady Memorial Hospital.
According to police, Beller was helping close up the bar when three men broke in and tied up employees with electrical tape. The suspects forced Beller, of Atlanta, to an office upstairs, where they made her open a safe and then shot her in the shoulder.
Find out what's happening in Atlantafor free with the latest updates from Patch.
A fundraiser to support Beller's family has been set up on crowdfunding site GoFundMe. It had raised just over $27,000 as of Jan. 14.
The robbery at the Pinewood has lots of similarities to the Barcelona Wine Bar case.
Shortly before midnight that night, two masked men approached a female employee outside the restaurant and aimed a gun at her, forcing her onto her knees, Decatur Police said. The robbers, both of whom had guns, also demanded personal items such as car keys, cell phones, any weapons and wallets. The suspects got away with cash from The Pinewood as well as the employees' personal property.
Police continue to search for a third suspect in the Barcelona robbery and shooting and a second one in the Pinewood robbery.

There is a $38,000 reward being offered for information leading to the arrest and indictment of the remaining suspects in the Barcelona Wine Bar case. Anyone with information can call CrimeStoppers at 404-577-TIPS (8477). Anyone providing a tip can remain anonymous and will not be required to testify at any point.
Anyone who has additional information in the Decatur case, is asked to contact police investigator Robert Lindsey at 678-553-6628 or at robert.lindsey@decaturga.com. To remain anonymous, tipsters also may contact Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta at 404-577-TIPS(8477).
Information is still being sought in relation to the case. @StopCrimeATL is offering a reward up to $40,000 for info leading to an arrest/indictment. Anonymous tips can be provided by calling 404-577-TIPS (8477) https://t.co/LHNoQV8vsg
— Atlanta Police Dept (@Atlanta_Police) January 12, 2018
Chelsea Beller photo via GoFundMe. Barcelona Wine Bar suspects photo courtesy Atlanta Police Department
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.