Crime & Safety
Gunner Arrested for Firing Shots to Scare Stranger Off Front Lawn: Police
Justin Trevor of Cary was arrested late Wednesday night.

CARY, IL - A 27-year-old Cary man faces a misdemeanor charge for allegedly firing his gun into the ground to scare off a person who was on his lawn, police said Thursday.
Justen Trevor, of 52 Hickory Lane, has been charged with attempted reckless discharge of a firearm following the incident late Wednesday night, according to a Cary Police Department press release. Trevor is accused of firing three rounds into the ground outside the residence just before midnight.
Police were first called earlier in the night when Trevor reported the stranger roaming around in the area of his property, Cary Deputy Chief James Fillmore said. Police responded but could not find the individual. The person returned at around 11:50 p.m., which "really bothered" Trevor and lead to him firing off his gun while the two were in Trevor's front lawn, Fillmore said.
Find out what's happening in Crystal Lake-Caryfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
No one was injured in the incident.
Trevor posted his $150 bond and has been released from jail.
Find out what's happening in Crystal Lake-Caryfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.