Crime & Safety
McHenry Man Charged In Drug Overdose Death
Stanley J. Rzepka, 32, faces a drug-induced homicide charge in connection with the death of a 32-year-old man, police said.

MCHENRY COUNTY, IL — Bail has been set at $500,000 for a 29-year-old McHenry man charged with drug-induced homicide in connection with the death of a 32-year-old man earlier this year, authorities said Friday. Stanley J. Rzepka was taken into custody on Thursday and also faces an unlawful delivery of a controlled substance charge, according to a news release from the McHenry County Sheriff's Office.
The charges were filed following a three-month investigation into the death of a 32-year-old man. Police were called to a home in the 2500 block of Birchwood Avenue in unincorporated McHenry to investigate the death on May 31, according to a news release.
Authorities found evidence suggesting the man used heroin before his death and a warrant was later issued for Rzepka's arrest, police said.
Find out what's happening in Crystal Lake-Caryfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Rzepka is next expected in court on Sept. 1.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.