Arts & Entertainment

CBS Cuts Jeremy Piven's Show While 'Looking Into' Allegations

There are still 4 episodes of "Wisdom of the Crowd" to be aired.

LOS ANGELES, CA — CBS announced the likely cancellation of Jeremy Piven's drama, "Wisdom of the Crowd," after a single 13-episode season. The network said it will not commission any additional episodes of the show, which still has four episodes yet to air. The announcement from CBS comes after several women publicly accused Piven, an Evanston Township High School alumnus, of sexual misconduct.

The network said it was "looking into" the allegations of harassment. Piven describes the claims as "absolutely false and completely fabricated."

The first of at least three women who have accused Piven on the record was Adriane Bellamar, who made the claims on Twitter Oct. 30. She was followed by advertising executive Tiffany Bacon Scourby, who said Piven had assaulted her while waiting for a publicist in a hotel room, People Magazine reported Nov. 9.

Find out what's happening in Evanstonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Then, last week, Buzzfeed published the account of actress Anastasia Taneie, who said she was assaulted by Piven while an extra on the show "Entourage." According to the report, a dozen people remember the women sharing their stories as far back as the 1990's.

Piven has unequivocally denied all the allegations, and on Thanksgiving he tweeted what he said were the results of a polygraph examination supporting his denials of specific allegations.

Find out what's happening in Evanstonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

But that's not the only reason the show, which stars Piven as a tech entrepreneur looking to crowdsource crime fighting, is being cut short.

The Hollywood Reporter said it never truly attracted healthy numbers of viewers despite football coverage leading into it.

Piven responded to the news CBS had pulled the plug on his show with a message of thanks for the show's fans and crew.


» Read more: Jeremy Piven Accused Of Sexual Assault, Actor Denies Claims

» Jeremy Piven: My 'Heart Breaks' For Harassment Victims


Top photo: Jeremy Piven participates in a "Wisdom of the Crowd" panel at CBS Studio Center in Beverly Hills, Calif. in an Aug. 1, 2017 file photo. Piven has responded to allegations of sexual misconduct against him by saying he hopes the string sexual harassment accusations sweeping Hollywood will lead to “a constructive dialogue on these issues.” Piven made the statement on Twitter while denying an accusation made against him from an advertising executive. | Credit: Chris Pizzello | Invision | Associated Press, File

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.