Crime & Safety

UPDATE: Thursday's Shooting Currently Not Connected to Earlier Shootings

Officer says investigation still in preliminary stages.

Update, 1/6/12, 9:25 a.m.:

Boston Police released a handful more details about Thursday's shooting.

The Boston Police media relations department said that the force investigates all shootings as potentially connected to those that have happened nearby, but, at this point, no link has been made between Thursday's shooting at last year's Charlestown gun deaths.

Find out what's happening in Charlestownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The office also said that the victim's injuries were not life-threatening. The incident is still under active investigation.

Original article:

Find out what's happening in Charlestownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Boston Police have confirmed that a man was shot on Carney Court last night.

Scanner reports said that the man took two gunshot wounds to the torso, and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital.

Universal Hub reported that the victim was expected to survive, and Fox 25 reported that police had asked local hospitals to look out for another potential gunshot victim.

An officer at the police station in Charlestown said that the shooting was still in the preliminary investigation stage, and could not say if the incident was .

However, investigators reported at that those two shootings are likely connected to each other.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.

More from Charlestown