Crime & Safety
Tufts University Faces 3rd Day Of Security Threats
The campus ordered bomb threat evacuations on Wednesday and Thursday, after which Tufts determined that no threats were found.

SOMERVILLE, MA — For the third day in a row, Tufts University is facing security threats, campus police said Friday morning.
Just after 8:30 a.m., authorities said that public safety personnel are on campus investigating. The campus remains open.
Following a bomb threat evacuation Thursday morning, the university announced that no threats were identified and all buildings were reopened.
Find out what's happening in Somervillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
At the time, Tufts ordered evacuations from Bendetson Hall, 7th floor Dowling, Paige Hall, Miner Hall, Joyce Cummings Center, SEC Complex, Anderson Hall, Robinson Hall, and East Hall, all of which have resumed normal activity.
The university postponed Thursday exams, both online and in person, for the School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Engineering "in an abundance of caution and to mitigate further disruption," Tufts said.
Find out what's happening in Somervillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Tufts added that beginning Friday, all exams will shift to an online format.
On Wednesday, the university mandated immediate evacuations from Ballou Hall, Miller Hall, and Campus Center. The school tweeted just before 5 p.m. that all three facilities had been checked and no threats were identified.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.