Crime & Safety
Las Vegas Shooting: Security Guard Haled As Hero, Thought Missing, Is Safe
MGM Resorts, which owns Mandalay Bay where Jesus Campos works, says the guard is safe.

Jesus Campos, the security guard hailed as a hero for his actions the night Stephen Paddock killed dozens and wounded hundreds, is not missing despite an assertion from his union saying otherwise. MGM Resorts, which owns Mandalay Bay where Campos works, released a statement Tuesday saying that he is safe.
The head of the union that represents Campos had said that the guard had gone missing after he failed to show up for a series of network television interviews last week.
David Hickey, the president of the International Union, Security, Police and Fire Professionals of America, had said afterward that Campos had gone to a health clinic and had not been heard from since. (For more information on the aftermath of the shooting and other Las Vegas stories, subscribe to Patch to receive daily newsletters and breaking news alerts. If you have an iPhone, click here to get the free Patch iPhone app.)
Find out what's happening in Las Vegasfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Also See: The Victims Of The Las Vegas Shooting
MGM Resorts says that Campos is safe and will tell his story when he is ready. In the meantime, they said, he would like people to respect his privacy.
Find out what's happening in Las Vegasfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The company added that they could not be more proud of Campos.
When he didn't show up for the interviews, conspiracy theories started popping up, all of which had been discounted.
Photo courtesy International Union, Security, Police and Fire Professionals of America.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.