Crime & Safety
Father Indicted On Murder Charge In Barnegat Son's Death
Christopher Gregor was also indicted on a child endangerment charge in an incident prior to his son's death, officials said.

BARNEGAT, NJ — An Ocean County grand jury indicted a father on a murder in his son's 2021 death, the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office said.
Christopher Gregor, 30, was also indicted on a separate charge of endangering the welfare of a child in another incident prior to 6-year-old Corey Micciolo's death, Prosecutor Bradley D. Billhimer said.
Micciolo was in the custody of Gregor at the time of his death on April 2, 2021, Billhimer said. A post-mortem examination revealed that Micciolo sustained injuries due to blunt force trauma, Billhimer said.
Find out what's happening in Barnegat-Manahawkinfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Additional investigation revealed that Gregor had previously abused his son, in a March 20, 2021 incident where Micciolo was made to run on a treadmill by Gregor, who repeatedly adjusted the speed which caused Micciolo to fall off, according to a probable cause arrest affidavit obtained by Patch. Read More: Ongoing Abuse Preceded NJ 6-Year-Old's Death: Affidavit
This incident lead to Gregor's charge of endangering the welfare of a child on July 7, 2021, Billhimer said. Gregor was then lodged in Ocean County Jail, but released due to bail reform.
Find out what's happening in Barnegat-Manahawkinfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
On March 3, 2022, Dr. Thomas Andrew, a forensic pathologist and the state's expert witness, reported to the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office that Micciolo died due to blunt force impact to the chest and abdomen, and the manner of death was homicide, according to affidavit. The report also showed evidence of chronic abuse, the affidavit said.
At the time of his death, Gregor had primary custody of Micciolo, the affidavit said. An extensive investigation by the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crime Unit, Barnegat Township Police Department and Ocean County Sheriff’s Office Crime Scene Investigation Unit concluded that Gregor was responsible for his son's death, Billhimer said.
Directly after Gregor was told of his son's death, he left Southern Ocean Medical Center in Manahawkin, telling the hospital staff he needed privacy, according to the affidavit. In the hours after Micciolo's death, Gregor searched the internet for answers to questions such as "can your phone be tracked in airplane mode" and "can my car be tracked," the affidavit said. Read More: Father Of Slain NJ Boy, 6, Fled State After His Death: Affidavit
Gregor was taken into custody by Detectives from the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Narcotics Strike Force, Sea Bright Police Department and Barnegat Township Police Department on March 9, 2022, Billhimer said, and has sat in Ocean County Jail since.
Billhimer acknowledged the diligent efforts of Supervising Assistant Prosecutor Christine Lento who presented the case to the Grand Jury on behalf of the State, and commended the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crime Unit, Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victim’s Unit, Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office High Tech Crime Unit, Ocean County Prosecutor’s Economic Crimes Unit, Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Narcotics Strike Force, Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Victim Witness Advocacy Unit, Ocean County Sheriff’s Office, Ocean County Sheriff’s Office Crime Scene Investigation Unit, Barnegat Township Police Department, Stafford Township Police Department, Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office, Englishtown Police Department, Manalapan Township Police Department, Monroe Township Police Department, Sea Bright Police Department, New Jersey State Police and Alcoa (Tennessee) Police Department, for their collective and cooperative assistance in connection with this investigation leading to Gregor’s apprehension and now his indictment.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.