Crime & Safety

Camden Shooting Victim Succumbs To Injuries After 5 Days: Prosecutor

Authorities have reported 4 fatal shootings in the city for the month.

CAMDEN, NJ — A man died five days after getting shot in Camden, officials said.

Police responded to the shooting at about 8:20 p.m. Nov. 16 on the 200 block of North 33rd Street. They found the victim — Edward Ross, 29 — suffering from apparent gunshot wounds at the scene, according to the Camden County Prosecutor's Office (CCPO).

Ross was transported to Cooper University Hospital. The Camden resident remained in critical condition until he was pronounced dead just before 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21, the CCPO said.

Find out what's happening in Cherry Hillfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The investigation remains ongoing. Anyone with information can contact Det. Cody Skinner of the CCPO's Homicide Unit at 609-575-4863 and Det. Jake Siegfried of the Camden County Police Department at 609-820-3537. Tips can also be sent to CAMDEN.TIPS.

Authorities have reported four separate fatal shootings during November in the City of Camden. The CCPO previously identified the following victims:

Find out what's happening in Cherry Hillfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

  • Jamal Scott, 48, of Camden: shot and killed Nov. 4.
  • Victor Lebron, 26, of Sicklerville: died Nov. 16 after getting shot Nov. 9.
  • Jeremy Barron, 52, of Westville: shot and killed Sunday.

Officials haven't announced any arrests related to their deaths.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.