Crime & Safety

UPDATE: Fort Lee High School Safe Following Bomb Threat

Students were taken to an off-site shelter, police said.

FORT LEE, NJ - Fort Lee High School was deemed safe Friday afternoon after the school was evacuated after receiving a bomb threat earlier in the day, police said.

Police said at 2:30 p.m. the school was given the "all clear."

Students were placed in an off-site shelter, police said.

Find out what's happening in Fort Leefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Fort Lee police and a Port Authority Police K-9 unit were at the school.

The school was one of 10 districts in Bergen County that received bomb threats Friday morning and afternoon, authorities said.

Find out what's happening in Fort Leefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Bomb threats were reported at the following high schools:

Dwight Morrow in Englewood, Teaneck, Paramus Catholic, Oradell, Mahwah, Waldwick, and Hackensack, said sheriff’s spokesman Anthony Cureton.

The Record reported that River Dell High School in Oradell, Waldwick High School, Haledon’s Manchester Regional High School, and Passaic Valley High School in Little Falls also received threats.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.