Crime & Safety
Man Sentenced To 4 Years For Torching $139K Bergen Bentley In Insurance Scheme
John Jarzabek, 27, and his parents purchased the car from a now-defunct Teterboro car dealership.

A man was sentenced to four years in prison for torching a $139,000 Bentley he and his parents purchased at a Bergen County car dealership as part of an insurance fraud scheme.
John Jarzabek, 27, of Harrison, and his parents purchased the car, torched it and reported it stolen to their insurance company, state Attorney General Christopher S. Porrino said in a statement.
Judge Susan J. Steele sentenced Jarzabek in Bergen County Superior Court after he pleaded guilty to insurance fraud last August.
Find out what's happening in Hasbrouck Heightsfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Jarzabek admitted to misrepresenting on an insurance claim that the car had been stolen when it had not been.
Jarzabek and his parents, Chester, 64, and Anna, 62, purchased the used Bentley from D.I.B. Leasing, a now-defunct car dealership from Teterboro where Jarzabek worked. They were all accused of conspiracy, insurance fraud and other offenses, Porrino said. They allegedly falsified a car loan application and provided bogus documents to inflate their income to obtain financing for the luxury vehicle.
Find out what's happening in Hasbrouck Heightsfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
RELATED: Hudson County Family Conspired To Burn $139K Bentley For Insurance Money: Prosecutor
Chester Jarzabek was admitted into the Pre-Trial Intervention program in September. Charges against Anna Jarzabek are pending.
Others were also involved in the scheme, authorities said.
RELATED: Wayne Man Indicted In Car Insurance Scheme: Prosecutor
Michael Ricciardi, 54, of Wayne, a bookkeeper for D.I.B. Leasing, previously pleaded guilty to conspiracy for his role in the scheme. He was sentenced to three years of probation last month.
The dealership's general manager, Hector Marquez, 44, of Monroe, previously pleaded guilty to insurance fraud for his part in the scheme. The state recommended he be sentenced to seven years in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 20.
Send local news tips, photos, and press releases to daniel.hubbard@patch.com. Get Patch breaking news alerts sent right to your phone with our new app. Download here
Photo: John Jarzabek — New Jersey Attorney General's Office
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.