Crime & Safety

Attack On Lakewood Couple At Home Still Being Probed: Officials

Frederick and Patricia Robison are recovering; authorities said the investigation remains very active.

LAKEWOOD, NJ — A month after an intruder broke into the home of Frederick Robison and Patricia Robison and beat the couple, authorities say the investigation into the incident remains active.

However, they're not saying much more.

"The investigation is very active," said Al Della Fave, spokesman for the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office. "There is nothing we will share publicly at this time."

Find out what's happening in Lakewoodfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The Robisons were attacked Aug. 29 at their Eagle Ridge Circle home in The Fairways, the age-restricted community next to Eagle Ridge Golf Course.

The investigation so far has shown the intruder or intruders got into the Robisons' home through a garage window sometime around midnight on Aug. 29, and confronted the couple a short time later and demanded money, Lakewood Police Capt. Gregory Staffordsmith has said. At some point during the robbery the intruder assaulted them both, apparently with a flashlight. The intruder then took off in Frederick Robison's car, which was later found at the High Point condominium complex. (READ MORE: Who Beat Lakewood Couple In Their Home? Police Still Seek Answers)

Find out what's happening in Lakewoodfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The couple — Frederick is 68, Patricia is 64 — initially were hospitalized with significant head injuries at Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune. Della Fave said the couple currently is recovering in a rehabilitation facility.

Della Fave said authorities are continuing to pursue every lead.

The Asbury Park Press reported the Robisons have been vocal opponents of plans for development at Eagle Ridge Golf Course, which was sold to GDSM Holdings last year. A settlement in late October 2017 between GDSM and the state Department of Environmental Protection would allow 1,034 residential units, some as duplexes, some as apartments, at the site, a significant reduction from the 1,800 units GDSM originally sought. But the plans have remained mired in legal wrangling as homeowners in The Fairways have filed suit to stop development, according to the Asbury Park Press.

Anyone with any information is urged to contact Detective Eric Ciccerello at 732-363-0200 or Detective Lindsay Woodfield at the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office at 732-929-2027.

Click here to get Patch email notifications on this or other local news articles or get Patch breaking news alerts sent right to your phone with our new app. Download here. Have a news tip? Email karen.wall@patch.com

Follow us on Facebook. Click here to like our page.

Image via Google Maps

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.