Schools
Social Media Posts Send Morris County School District Into Lockdown: Police
Three schools in the district went into a lockdown on Friday after "alarming" Facebook posts were made, police said.

RANDOLPH, NJ — Social media posts forced 3 schools in the Randolph School District into a lockdown on Friday, Randolph police said in a statement.
The lockdown was a result of "several alarming" Facebook posts made on Friday by a person police had been in contact with earlier that week, police said. School officials saw the posts and notified police.
Although the posts were not directed at the schools, the district enacted a shelter in place as a result, police said. Police also had a presence at the high school, middle school, and Shongum Elementary school.
Find out what's happening in Long Valleyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Police "made contact with the individual and took the appropriate actions deemed necessary," they said. Police did not specify what the posts said, and said they will not be commenting further on the matter.
This was the second time in a week Randolph schools were forced into a lockdown. The first was when an angry man began yelling and cursing outside the high school, and exposed his buttocks to school employees.
Find out what's happening in Long Valleyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Image via Shutterstock
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.