Politics & Government
PPB Little League Coaches On Probation After Manasquan Game
The Point Pleasant Beach Little League also implemented some changes after a cursing incident during a game against Manasquan.

The Point Pleasant Beach Little League says it has placed coaches on probation after they allegedly cursed at their players during an all-star game against Manasquan.
Michael Ryan, information officer for the Point Pleasant Beach Little League, wrote a note to town officials saying that the coaches involved will be placed on probation in the league for one year. It's not clear if the coaches will be able to continue in their positions.
"Further, since our league is always trying to grow and improve, we will implement a 'Coaches Code of Conduct' as well as a "Parents Code of Conduct" that will need to be signed prior to participating in league activities," Ryan said. "We will also be implementing a mandatory 'Coaching Safety and Conduct' course that all coaches and board members will need to complete prior to having contact with the players."
Find out what's happening in Manasquan-Belmarfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The actions come after Mayor Stephen Reid said he would call for an investigation into information he received that coaches were cursing at Point Pleasant Beach Little League players during a game last week.
Reid said there was yelling and cursing at the players – including the "f-word" – after the kids allegedly played poorly.
Find out what's happening in Manasquan-Belmarfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The Point Pleasant Beach Little League said it has spent spent the last several days gathering as much information as it could in order to assess what occurred during a 10-year old all-star game versus Manasquan on July 10th.
The league said it "takes any issue that may impact the league and its participants very seriously."
The PPBLL Board contacted parents, coaches, umpires and district officials who were present at the game. Some members of the board attended the game as well.
On Monday, the board met for several hours with the coaches involved to discuss the matter at hand. After reviewing all of this information, the board determined that the coaches’ behavior was "unacceptable," Ryan said.
"We feel these steps address the incident and help prevent a similar incident in the future," Ryan said. "The board has spoken with the current New Jersey Little League state president and, with the facts provided, he concurs with our decision."
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.