Seasonal & Holidays
Nyack Halloween Parade For 2021 Canceled Over COVID-19 Concerns
Organizers said other festivities are in the works. Last year, the event was replaced with a virtual "Halloween from Home" event.

NYACK, NY — Nyack's iconic Halloween parade and costume contest has once again been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
"After detailed discussions with the Village of Nyack and based upon concerns for public health and public safety, the Nyack Chamber of Commerce regrets to say that the Nyack Halloween Parade 2021 has been postponed to 2022," the chamber said in a statement released on Thursday. "Other Halloween Festivities are in the works, so stay tuned."
Hosted by the Nyack Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by local merchants, the event normally draws Halloween party fans from across the tri-state region, with hundreds of marchers and floats, more than 10,000 spectators, plus pre-and after-parade events at local parks, restaurants and bars. It's the biggest Halloween parade in New York outside of Greenwich Village.
Find out what's happening in Nyack-Piermontfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Last year, the event was also canceled due to the coronavirus. The chamber instead hosted a virtual 'Halloween From Home' on Facebook, inviting everyone to post and view costume photos, videos, musical performances and Halloween-themed cooking tutorials.
SEE ALSO:
Find out what's happening in Nyack-Piermontfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.