Schools
New Details Emerge Over Neshaminy High Bomb Threats
Neshaminy's substitute superintendent speaks out about the bomb threats and consequences for students.

LANGHORNE, PA —Substitute Schools Superintendent Jay Bowman has spoken out regarding two straight bomb threats at Neshaminy High School last week.
On Friday, the day when a social media threat also had high schoolers having a virtual day, Bowman sent an email to parents providing details of the measures the school district took regarding the bomb threats.
The high school was evacuated on both days and the Middletown Township Police Department arrived within minutes, reviewed the threat, and searched the school, Bowman said. No devices were found, and students and staff were allowed to return.
Find out what's happening in Levittownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"While we are grateful that both threats were false alarms, we are still concerned about the disruption and safety issues caused by these incidents," Bowman said. "Neshaminy takes every threat to the safety and well-being of our students and staff seriously, no matter what the intention or source of those threats."
In both incidents, the offenders were referred to law enforcement, Bowman said.
Find out what's happening in Levittownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"We will continue to refer any individuals, including students, to the police who make any kind of threat," he said. "There is simply no room for tolerance of actions that not only disrupt an entire school day but also remove the sense of security and well-being that every single student, staff member, and Neshaminy family deserves."
Bowman said he spoke with Bucks County District Attorney Matt Weintraub, who said that county law enforcement agencies "take seriously all threats of violence at our schools."
Weintraub said that juveniles and adults who commit these offenses are charged criminally whenever warranted.
Unlike with offenses committed by adults, it is not always possible or legal to reveal whether a juvenile is charged with a criminal offense due to age-related legal restrictions, he said.
Bowman asked parents to speak with their children about the seriousness of the bomb threats and social media threats.
"A threat that is made for any reason, even as a joke or a casual remark, will not be taken lightly by our administration or local police," Bowman said. "The response to any threat will be swift and thorough."
The district had planned on an additional presence by Middletown Township Police at Neshaminy High School Friday, but thesocial media threat canceled live classes.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.